Saturday, November 01, 2008

Sibling Time

I have been getting complaints that I haven't posted in ages. I am so sorry. Since the kids started school, I theoretically have more time to myself. The results have been that the house is cleaner, I am behind on laundry less often, and I have managed to get my web work done, but I certainly do not feel like I have any more free time. I am not even sure what that is anymore. I decided to write up a lovely post about how much Max and Lauren enjoy each other's company, and keep getting pulled away to keep them from screaming at each other, hitting each other, etc. Oh well, Life is filled with irony. Anyway, the kids continue to enjoy school. If Lauren had her way, she would go every day. She just loves it there and asks to go on the off days. Max is enjoying it as well, and learning so much that is just amazes me. He is learning to write, spending more and more time sounding out words, and is picking up Spanish at an amazing rate. He has been taking enrichment classes one to two days a week, and really likes the women who does the science based enrichment classes. She was nice enough to put her science ones on Wednesdays going forward, which is the best day for me to have him gone all day. Boy does Lauren miss him when he is gone, though. She spends much of the day asking me to go get him. When he is home, they spend a lot of time playing together (though, as mentioned earlier, they do have their moments of unpleasantness). A couple of days ago, they had a lovely tea party, with real tea (lucky me). Baby and Giraffe joined in. They really seem very fond of each other most of the time, and I hope that they continue to have this relationship. I know that it will have to change as they grow older, as they will change, but in some ways, it should also improve. Max finds it frustrating when he wants to do things with Lauren that she isn't capable of doing yet. She does not always understand that fort building is for playing in the fort, not knocking it down, for example. But they are getting there. It always makes me smile. More often than not these days, I really enjoy their company and they fill me with happiness.

No comments: