Wednesday, September 26, 2007

A day at Canobie Lake Park, part 1

This is post is a little bigger than most, but then again, the trip to Canobie was a little bigger than most events. (Well, at least I took more pictures than I usually have the opportunity to do.) This fall my company sponsored a family trip to Canobie Lake Park. This was really special for me, for as a child I would go to this park when my father's company sponsored family trips here. Much of the park has changed, and has been greatly expanded, but most of what I remember is still in place today.

Anyway, this isn't about me as a kid, it is about our kids being kids. Max really enjoyed going on a lot of rides at the park. Lauren is still too small for many of the rides and spent a lot of time in the carrier on Mommy or Daddy's back. Max took the rides very seriously, though I did catch him smiling on a few occasions. Mommy got to go on some rides too while I wore Lauren and chased Max. It really was a great time for everyone.

First up we see Max on the ferris wheel. He was nervous about being up so high, but he felt much better when I moved to sit next to him instead of across from him. Still, he looks a little concerned despite his efforts to look cool.



The next photo has him smiling, and I think this is one of the only pictures of him smiling while the ride is actually moving. At least I think the ride was moving when I took this.




In the third photo we an see that he is taking this plane flying task very seriously. There are a lot of other kids on this ride, after all, and he doesn't want to accidentally fly into anyone.




Lastly we have Max driving a model car, again taking the task very seriously. He's doing a great job though, always watching where is steering and keeping both hands on the wheel. The car is a two-seater, and he did offer to give Lauren a ride, but she decided at the last minute that she wanted nothing to do with this.

No comments: